The client, a US-based social innovator, has a mobile app which digitises the WHO partograph (which plots maternal and foetal conditions during active labour) and assists healthcare professionals in managing the intrapartum (labour) stage for mothers.
The client wanted to explore Kenya, Tanzania, and Malawi as potential markets to launch the app, primarily owing to the prevalence of high MMR — Maternal Mortality Rate.
We conducted a comprehensive market study to offer the client a market entry strategy, considering each market and the macro and micro dynamics of the maternal care value chain.
- A macro PESTLE analysis of the digital healthcare market was conducted to determine the ease of doing business, national-level priorities (policy support), and regulatory requirements.
- We mapped end-to-end maternal health value chains for respective markets via an on-ground assessment, to understand healthcare service delivery and total addressable market size.
- We defined the product success metrics aligned to the end-user type journey.
- We designed a market maturity index to inform the client on market positioning in the digital healthcare market.
The client has been able to prioritise the market for launch via co-creation workshops that helped the leadership navigate through the spectrum of market dynamics and select a market with the highest return on investment.
- We were able to form an inclusive and detailed stakeholder engagement strategy, with a core focus on enabling government participation.
- The client was able to co-design (with Sattva) a 2-year operational expansion plan in the chosen market.
- We were able to conceptualise a pricing and fundraising framework for emerging markets.