While sports has been included in the list of acceptable CSR spends, not many companies consider it while choosing their CSR projects. So what are the ‘Investment Opportunities in Grassroots Sports’?
Our CEO, Srikrishna Sridhar Muthy moderated a panel discussion on ‘Investment Opportunities in Grassroots Sports’ at the Confederation of Indian Industry GES 2018 event. The panel examined how corporates can help promoting sports in India by investing in grassroots and infrastructure through CSR funding. Other panelists were:
- Ms Neelam Babardesai – Head of Sports, Tata Trusts
- Mr Matthew Spacie – Founder, Magic Bus
- Ms Amira Shah Chhabra – Director, Harish and Bina Shah Foundation
- Mr Deep Mukherjee – CEO, CII National Committee on Sports & Sr VP, Star TV Network India
- Mr Yannick Colaco – Managing Director, NBA India